- Less than 40% of water bodies will meet the Good Ecological Status in 2012
- Needs to create new knowledge and innovative solutions.
- Needs to transfer research/pilot outputs quicker than ever before (<10 years).
To speed up the transfer of water related research outputs to better implement the Water directives (targeted time lag down to 3 - 5 years).
Water RtoM principle
The aim of the project is to add a step between research and the existing technology transfer schemes to SME by pro-actively digging, assessing and promoting the research outputs, while targeting not only the companies but also their clients.
The following activities describe the project methodology:
- A permanent watching of the sector (research products, tools for practitioners, etc…)
- A standardised method for an in depth assessment of potential benefits of emerging tools. This constitutes a method for assessing research outputs in terms of "distance to market" and in terms of how to make them operational for practitioners (cost, risk) : ReMAS.
- A road map, for some selected results, for the implementation of the innovative results: Business Case.
- A strategy for the identification of interest practitioners and, in parallel, the promotion of innovative precursors (the above selected research outputs) : Precursor Marketing Strategy
Countries : France, Spain, Poland, Romania
Total project budget 799 594 €
EC financial contribution requested: 399 797 €